If you are unsure as to how a letter should be formatted then you have come to the right place.
This letter can be written by any licensed mental health professional. Licensed mental health professionals include psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, and licensed therapists.
This is what your ESA letter should include
- Mental health professional’s letterhead and signature, as well as date of issuance.
- Mental health professional’s license type, date of license, license number, and the state that issued the license.
- Acknowledgement that you have been evaluated by the licensed therapist for a mental health condition listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Confirmation that the condition is significantly affecting your daily activities and that an emotional support animal is a vital part of your life.
- Description of how the animal will help the condition.
- Prescription for an ESA.
- Your name and details about your pet (type, breed, name, etc.)
In addition you can search online for various samples that your doctor can use as a template.